New data is now available on multiple pages to incorporate solar radiation, sunshine and air quality following the start of recording these parameters from 26 December 2020. These sensor were installed along with the change to using a Weatherlink Live receiving unit between 19 and 22 December 2020, which were then tested for compatibility with our processes and existing data.
The following pages have been updated with additional data:
- The home page: the solar and air quality data have been added to the real time updates on the home page, sunshine/ night-time bands have been added to the real-time graph, the station forecast have been removed and a Bureau of Meteorology forecast added
- Gauges: A gauge for solar radiation was added
- Recent Graphs, Past Months Graphs and Historical Graphs: updated with new graphs containing Solar, Insolation, Sunshine and Air Quality data.
- Today and Yesterday: Averages, Totals and Extremes for Solar, Insolation, Sunshine and Air Quality added
- This Month and Year: Totals and Extremes for Solar, Insolation and Sunshine added
- Annual Data Summary: Data for Sunshine and maximum solar radiation added
- All-Time Records: Totals and Extremes for Solar, Insolation and Sunshine added
- Top 10 Records: Solar and Sunshine records added
- Recent Extremes Since: Maximum solar radiation and Sunshine hours added for today and yesterday
- About: updated with new information regarding the additional sensors that have been installed and the awards by Weather Observations Website (WOW) for data submitted in 2020.
- System Status: Reworked to align with the system changes and to provide additional system information now available with this change
- Glossary: Updated with additional terms of Air Quality, Insolation, Solar Radiation and Sunshine.
A routine now runs at the start of each day to collate the air quality data into an additional daily database table used in the Historical graphs. The Realtime database table was altered to include air quality data. A monthly air quality database is also populated with data each 5 minutes.
A combination of our regular data updating on the website and these Realtime and Monthly database tables are used to update the tables and graphs on the website. The Realtime and Monthly database tables are also used as in the input to update the daily air quality database table.
Coming soon will be the addition of UV data. Also air quality data for the this month, this year and all-time records is also planned. Additional data will need to added to the daily database table in order to show that data along with the date and time of the occurrences.
Under progress is the calculation of daily potential evapotranspiration and possibly evaporation now that we are measuring solar radiation. Due to limitations with the system I am using it appears these will have to be calculated, rather than supplied by the weather station directly. These are rather complex multi-step calculations, so considerations are being made with the practicalities of that and what data will be shown from that on the website.